Saturday, December 18, 2010

Disappointment, then Encouragement

Well, bad news first.  I went to Dr Hubbard today.  We were talking about finally taking out this dang mediport from my chest.  Well, it turns out that prednisone compromises my ability to heal.  That being the case, they don't want a simple procedure to potentially turn into a stay at the hospital.  So they aren't going to take it out until I am off the meds.  NOT FUN!!!


But tonight was great.  It was our church congregation Christmas party, and it was so fun.  I was asked to be Santa's helper.  I sware I must have looked just like him, thanks to this medication.  Rosy cheeks, big tummy, etc.  It was a great experience.  The children were so excited.  Thanks Santa for asking me to help!
These are two of my elves that helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment