Thursday, November 25, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING


What a great day!  A time set apart to remember everything for which we are thankful.  Unfortunately, sometimes this is the ONLY time that we remember.  But one is better than none.
We spent Thanksgiving with Miranda's parents and company that came over there.  It was a great time, full of food, and more food.  And being on prednisone, this was NOT good for me.  I ate, and ate, and ate, and couldn't stop eating!  Most people would say that it's okay, and we are supposed to do that around the holidays.  But this was just out of control!
Of course we had the annual Turkey Bowl.  I went out to be with everyone, but really didn't play.  With the power port still in my chest, and the effects of the medication I am still on, I couldn't do much more than be the all time center.  But it was still fun to be out there with everyone and breathe the air.
On this day, I find myself being thankful for the smallest things, the things that we almost always overlook.  I am thankful that I can breathe!  I am thankful that my lungs can fill with air and function properly.
I am grateful that I am alive to see days like this.  I am grateful that my heart is still beating and my body is still fighting.
What a wonderful day it has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment