Friday, June 18, 2010

Canterbury Medal Dinner


What a fun day!  Miranda and I spent time with Sandra, Josh, and the kids.  We did singing time, and and play time (even though Ava doesn't look all that happy with the game she is playing!), and then of course, a baseball lesson for Mr. Davis, with "Dorothy" and "Short Cake" looking on!  We had so much fun!



then it was time to go the event!  And as I thought, we had a unique opportunity.  At the dinner, we were able to meet, and take a picture with Elders Quentin L Cook and M Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.  They were very gracious to Miranda and me as we spoke to them for a few moments.  
the man at the top of the collage is Mr. Kevin "Seamus" Hasson, founder and president of The Becket Fund For Religious Liberty.  He is an exceptional man who believes and fights for people's right to worship as they feel.
The Canterbury Medal Dinner is the annual fundraiser for the firm where they honor one person who has fought extraordinarily for religious liberty.  They raise funds because the firm is a not-for-profit law firm, and they survive through donations.  It is an amazing organization, filled with amazing people.
So the night was amazing.  Miranda...isn't she beautiful?
I am so grateful that I had the energy to do this weekend.  I can definitely feel myself tiring out very quickly, and I know when even is enough.  But sometimes, with events such as this, I just go on pure adrenaline.  Sometimes i think that God created adrenaline just for me so I could survive weekends like this, and enjoy them!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment