Monday, June 7, 2010

Exercise

For my last birthday, my in laws gave me a work out program, P90X.  It is amazing!  I have been a workout-aholic since I was about 16 years old.  I have done sports my whole life, but started lifting weights at about 16.  So a gift like this was perfect!
As I have lived with Josh and Sandra in DC, Josh and I have gotten up early every morning to do P90X together.  It has really done some amazing things!  It's a three month program, focusing on all aspects of fitness, including strength, flexibility, cardiovascular, and endurance.  It's hard, but fun!
Today was the first day that I tried to do some exercise since being diagnosed (Josh and I actually finished the three month cycle the day I found out I had cancer).  I tell you what, I feel horrible.  I told myself to take it easy, which I did.  But the drugs that I have going through my system make it difficult to breath, and thus my heart rates speeds up, and doesn't come back down for a while.  I turn pale and feel like I am about to pass out.
So all those people who think they can continue working out as hard as they have been, let me warn you...
DON'T DO IT!!!  Continue to exercise, YES.  But don't go crazy!  Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment