Saturday, August 14, 2010

Robertson Vacation - Smith Mountain Lake


We just had a great week!  Every year with Miranda's family we go to Smith Mountain Lake, and enjoy nature, do some wakeboarding and tubing, and just enjoy the family time.  This year was a little different for Miranda and me.  Right before we went up, I had another round of chemotherapy.  So the first part of the vacation wasn't the most fun!  But it was nice to rest in a different area than my bed at home.  I was on the couch in the family room.  We opened the blinds, and I was able to look at the beautiful water!  What an influence a change of scenery can have on one's mentality!
Towards the end of the vacation, I was able to participate in the activities.  I wasn't allowed to do much other than safely wakeboard and safely tube.  That meant no tricks, no jumps, or anything like that.  For those of you who know me and how I like to try new things, it was near impossible for me to not do any of that.  But I didn't feel like messing up my mediport and have to go into another surgery that would postpone treatments.  So I had to think about what was best for me in the long run!  As boring as I might have thought it was to board and tube safely.
But it was just nice to get out and do something physical without feeling like I would pass out!
Smith Mountain Lake is one of the highlights of the year for Miranda and me.  We love it up there!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment