Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Youth Temple Trip




What a great day!  I went to Washington, DC with the youth group as they gave service to their ancestors, and others who have passed on.  I was blessed with the opportunity to perform some baptismal ordinances in Spanish for the family of a good brother in my ward.  It was a sweet experience.
I was also able to visit with a good friend, Sis. Sleight.  She is the wife of one of counselors in the temple presidency.  She was also diagnosed with cancer.  So whenever I am in the temple, I look for two special people - Sis. Boyer, the widow of the man who performed the sealing of Miranda and me; and Sis. Sleight, my cancer friend.  We inquire as to how the other is doing, and share experiences, and give encouragement and strength to each other.
I have found that the more you involve yourself in the trials of others, the less you worry about your own.  In other words, as we help others, we forget about what is going wrong in our lives, and look at everything that is going right.  Yes, cancer stinks.  But I have made some dear friends because of it.  I have had some sweet experiences because of it.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment