Friday, September 3, 2010

Chemo Postponed Again

Well, this isn't by choice.  Yesterday I was int he ER again with coughing spells.  What happens is I begin to cough, and then I can't breathe.  It's like my airway just closes, and I am gasping for air.  After it opens back up, I begin to cough again, and the whole viscious cycle starts all over again.  During this, I get chills, and then sweat.  When I sweat, I take off my blanket, and then I get cold again.  And the temperature change causes me to cough again.  So it's no fun at all!
So I went to Dr. Lee today, and actually had a coughing spell right in front of him.  So he decided that until we figure out what is going on, he doesn't want me to have chemotherapy.  It kind of stinks, but I understand where he is coming from.  I don't know when I will be able to resume treatments, but I am sure that when I do, everything will at least be under control so I can breathe again!

No comments:

Post a Comment