Sunday, September 5, 2010

Deeper Reflections

I have been thinking about this new trial of not being able to breathe.  I have had to ask myself the question, "Is this because I missed a lesson that I should have learned?  Is it because I have forgotten a lesson?  Was I just careless so a lesson blew right by me?"
I shutter at each possibility.  I mean, how careless and and unappreciative can I be?  I pray that this is not because I have missed something along the way, and this is the only thing that would make me stop and reflect deeper on what Miranda and I are going through.
With all the possibilities, I am still amazed at the mercy and love from Father.  I will get these lessons right!  And I know that He will be there, right along with me, until I do!  Honestly, through most of this, I am sure that He has been carrying me, and I have just been too blind to see it.
I love this poem.  I heard it a few times growing up.  One of my best friends in high school gave me a small copy before I left on my mission.  I used it countless times there, to help other people.  And now, it's helping me.  Most of all, it helps me to remember that the Lord will NEVER abandon me.  All I need to do is ask, and He will be there.

footprints-in-the-sand1.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment