Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Granddad Fly



Today was the funeral for Lewis Talmage Fly, Miranda's grandfather.  I never really knew him because he had been sick for a long time, even before Miranda and I started dating.  But we watched some family videos where I actually heard his real voice for the first time.  it was good to see.
The service was nice.  Miranda and i sang together "I Know that My Redeemer Lives."  It was an honor to sing and share testimony of the reality of the resurrection.
Days like this make one reflect on their own mortality.  It's something that nobody can escape.  This theme is something that has taken on new meaning for Miranda and me.  Every week we go into chemo, meeting new people, knowing that my prognosis is much better than most in there.  Some might not be coming back the next week!  It really makes us think how short and sweet life is, and what are the most important things in life - faith, family, friends, love, service, just to name a few.
We all have heard the quotes about making the most out of life.  but how many of us actually understand the quotes and practice what they teach?

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment