Thursday, July 22, 2010

Somber Realizations

Sometimes, when we think about something in the most simple of terms, we can scare ourselves!  I was thinking today of the process I am going through of chemotherapy.  It's weird to think that as I am getting poisoned every other week, my sweet wife is sitting there, watching me slowly die.  I wonder how she feels when she sees me hooked up to this stuff.



It's seems so ironic to me that I have tried to take exceptional care of my body for my whole life, and now it is my physical body that is failing me, and through which I am having my hardest test.  it makes me realize the blessings that come from, and through, the physical nature that we enjoy.  It makes me think of the miracle of the eternal nature of the soul, the physical body combined with "the breath of life."

No comments:

Post a Comment