Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Toosh! A Miracle Has Occurred...



Yes, we call her "Toosh."  It's a nickname that Ryan and I started for her in high school when we were in the same chorus class, and it just kinda stuck!  But today is her her birthday.  Laura is one of the most fiercely loyal people I know.  We tease her about giving the "in laws" a hard time when they first come into the family, but nobody is more loyal to family than she is.  i love you laura!  hope you had a great day!

My day was great!  In fact, this day was a miracle!  I had chemo today.  But before I did, I met with Dr. Lee, who reviewed the results of my last PET Scan with me.  He walked in the door, and said nothing, but, "Great news.  the cancer is gone!"
What an amazing sentence!  I knew that I would hear that eventually.  I just wasn't prepared for how quick I would hear it.  A true miracle and answer to prayers from countless people.
After Dr. Lee, I got hooked up for another poison injection.  While we did that, Miranda shot the news out on our family blog, facebook, and we began calling everyone.  the congratulatory responses were quick to come.  We have such amazing family and friends!  thank so much to all!
So I sat there in chemo, getting poisoned, feeling horrible, but feeling great and grateful for this new news.  It's nothing short of a miracle that I am cancer free!

I DON'T HAVE CANCER ANYMORE!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment