Saturday, July 17, 2010

Oceanfront Hilton Weekend

We have such great friends.  Bruce Thompson, a former employer and friend, owns a bunch of properties at the Oceanfront.  I went in one day and talked to him about some business, and we started talking about his son, Josh, who has ALS (I worked on Grommet Island for Bruce).  He then asked me what I have been up to, and I told him about the cancer.  He then offered for Miranda and me to stay at one of his hotels for a weekend, and just take time to relax and reflect, and enjoy time together.  It was very nice of him.
So this weekend, that is what we did.  Miranda and I went down to the Oceanfront Hilton and stayed there for the weekend.  It was amazing!  the weather was perfect.  the service, even better.
We ate at one of his restaurants, where we tried a lot of different foods.  It was lots of fun.





This is the view from our room.  AMAZING!  What a beautiful creation!

Family and friends are so important.  I don't know where I would be, or how I would be handling all this without them, especially Miranda.  What a strength.
Another thing that i am learning, is that you can't put life on hold just because of trials.  It's important to get out and have fun.  do things.  Experience life.  If you put everything on hold just so you can endure the trial, you are going to miss out on so many opportunities!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment