Sunday, April 25, 2010

For Good



As many of you know, music is a very important part of our family. Mom asked Ryan and i one day what our fondest memories were growing up. She thought for sure it would be sports related. However, we both said that our fondest memories were when the whole family was together around the piano, and we were singing.
Miranda and i had a great experience. We went up to Washington, DC to be with my family (minus Ryan and his family, and Jason and some of the kids) to hear Sandra sing and speak at the Washington DC Temple Visitor Center. We arrived there in time to have dinner as a family and make some plans. It was the first time that I had seen some of them since "The Announcement." It was good to be back there. I lived with Josh and Sandra for several months as I worked in DC, and so it was kind of like going home for me. How I loved being with them. Yes, I missed my sweet heart terribly, but i loved getting to know Josh, Sandra, and the kids more.As many of you know, music is a very important part of our family. Mom asked Ryan and i one day what our fondest memories were growing up. She thought for sure it would be sports related. However, we both said that our fondest memories were when the whole family was together around the piano, and we were singing.
Miranda and i had a great experience. We went up to Washington, DC to be with my family (minus Ryan and his family, and Jason and some of the kids) to hear Sandra sing and speak at the Washington DC Temple Visitor Center. We arrived there in time to have dinner as a family and make some plans. It was the first time that I had seen some of them since "The Announcement." It was good to be back there. I lived with Josh and Sandra for several months as I worked in DC, and so it was kind of like going home for me. How I loved being with them. Yes, I missed my sweet heart terribly, but i loved getting to
 Josh, Sandra, and the kids more.


As Miranda and I walked in the door, little Ava, Sandra and Josh's oldest daughter, ran up to me, ready to jump into my arms. Then she stopped. She looked up at me and said, "I am not going to give you a hug. I know that you are sick." Broke my heart, but I had to laught because it was just too funny.

Ella, their youngest and who I lovingly dubbed "Shortcake" for a pair of strawberry shortcake pj's she has, just looked at me and grinned widely.

Davis was asleep, but I actually received permission from the parents to wake him up for dinner. So I went into his room, and woke him. When he saw me, he smiled and screamed, "Robby!" For those that know me, I am a push over when it comes to kids. they are the only ones allowed to call me that.
The big reason that we went to DC was to hear Sandra sing. It was great. I always love hearing her share her talent and motivation. She and Josh had their own unique trial, which has made them so powerful in testimony, and such amazing parents!


  
One of the songs in Sandra's presentation is called "For Good" from the Broadway musical hit, "Wicked." amazing play for those who haven't seen it yet! This song is done by Elfaba (Wicked Witch of the West) and Galinda the Good Witch about their unique friendship. Laura, my little sister, sings with Sandra in this song. it's all about how they have influenced each other's lives for good.
While they sang, I began to cry. I have heard them sing this song several times. I have heard it on the original sound track, and on stage by Off Broadway performers. Never had I cried.
I think it was because of what is going on with me right now. The most important thing to me in life are relationships. My sweet wife, Miranda; my loving family; my amazing friends old and new; people that I don't know who express encouragement and support. I have been blessed with such wonderful relationships. Everyone has touched my life and has influenced me for good. I realized that when Sandra and Laura were singing. I am not even going to try and name all of you.
I look back and appreciate more the wonderful people in my life. to all that read this, thank you for being a part of my life. Thank you for being a part of my battle. To you, it may not seem like you have done much. But to me, you are part of my world, my triumph over cancer, and my new life. "Because I knew you, I have been changed for good."


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment