Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Beginning

DSC03370.JPG.jpg


JANUARY


I began working in Washington DC for The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, a not for profit law firm, in their communication department.  I lived with Josh and Sandra and their three amazing children, Ava, Davis, and Ella.  I left Chesapeake early Monday morning, and stayed in DC until Friday, when I would drive back to Chesapeake to be with Miranda.


APRIL 14, 2010

Miranda had a business idea competition at school.  I drove down early to surprise her and support her.  As we walked around colonial Williamsburg together, I told her about a new discovery I made.  I found a lump in my neck on the right side, and a lump in my left breast.  She looked at it for a moment, and then said, "Go to the doctor tomorrow and get it looked at."
I hate doctors (no offense to any friends that are doctors).  They symbolized only bad for me.  They are the ones that told me I had to sit out a game, or a practice, or miss a few games.  They are the ones who made me not be able to play.  So they meant only bad news for me, and I refuse to go whenever I have the chance.  However, I didn't fight with her.  I just agreed.


APRIL 15, 2010

I was in the doctor.  I went to Patient First, and the doctor there said not to worry about the lump on my neck, but he was worried about the lump in my chest.  So he told me to go see a surgeon.
After called Miranda, I called Chi Chi (my dad).  He is a well respected businessman in the health care industry, and so knows lots of doctors.  He made a call and got me in to see Dr. Hubbard.
After a pleasant conversation with Dr. Hubbard, we got down to it.  He first looked at my chest, and quickly determined that it was nothing to be scared of.  However, he was intrigued by the lump on my neck.  He then suggested that I get a CAT Scan done.  So I did that.
Dr. Hubbard met Miranda and me at the hospital after the scan and we mapped out a game plan for the next few days.  We still have no idea what is going on, but I am sure that Dr. Hubbard knew.
I called my brother, Matt, after we got done with Dr. Hubbard.  Chi Chi and Mom were attending the wedding of the youngest daughter of our dear friends, the Toolsons, in Salt Lake City, Utah.  So I called Matt, and requested that he give me a blessing.  Without going into details that are special to me, I received special promises that have really lifted me during the tough times, and confirmed my feelings that I have had from the beginning; that this would not take my life, that I would be ok.  It was a special experience.
It was a very interesting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment