Sunday, May 2, 2010

Boys Weekend


OK, so these pictures aren't from the weekend.  We did not take a single picture of this weekend, of which I am totally bummed.  But here it is...
This weekend was great!  Ryan flew in for a visit.  Probably to reassure himself that I was not dying!
We had a busy Saturday.  I got to my parents' house early, and we had a good time visiting.  After that, for some reason, we decided to go golfing.  We aren't golfers.  We do it a couple of times a year.  But we have fun. So Ry, Matt, Warren, Parker, Chi Chi, and I took to the links.  A lot of golf balls were lost, but a lot of fun was had.
After that, we went and did what we Dudley's do best - batting cages.  Sure, we are all a bit rusty, but it was fun to do the thing that we love to do so much.  Baseball has brought us close together as brothers and dad and kids.  We have learned so many lessons through it, and I am grateful for the chance to play.  Of course, as we did so, Chi Chi always seemed to win the specific game we were playing.  It's probably because he would make the rules as we went along.  Also, he would be the judge for everyone, and judge himself much easier than he would the rest of us!  But that's ok.  In all fairness to him, the "old man" still has something left in the tank!
After baseball, we all went back for dinner at my parents' house.  Ryan and I jammed on the guitar for a bit, and then just talked.  I think it was good for us to do that so we could both see that there is no reason to be scared.  I am not worried about dying because I know I won't.  And that was good for him to see, and for me as well.
Today was a great Sabbath Day.  Again, went to my parents' for dinner with the family.  Ryan took off shortly after.  It was awesome to be with him.  Just wish he and Steph lived closer!
I am exhausted from this great weekend.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment