Monday, May 3, 2010

Jones and UVA


Well, here's something I thought I would never have to do. Our family has certainly had some interesting experiences when it comes to procreation and getting our families here. Although, it's no gaurantee, because of the chemotherapy, I might be infertile. Which means...
Yep, Cryopreseervation at the wonderful Jones Institute. I won't spend much time on this.  that would be a bit weird!  All i will say is that I am grateful for modern day medicine and technology that allow Miranda and me to still be parents when all is said and done with this. However those children come, they will be loved, and we will be so blessed.  For Miranda's sake, I just hope they don't come in packages the size of Ryan and me when we were born!




After the Jones Institute, Miranda and I took a drive to Charlottesville, Virginia to meet Dr. Duvauss at the University of Virginia for a second opinion of the specific diagnosis.  This was recommended to us by Dr. Lee, my oncologist.  It was a wonderful visit.  Dr. Duvauss concurred with everything Dr. Lee has said, and so it made us feel very confident that we were being treated the right way.  It was very encouraging.
After we were done, we just drove around the city a bit.  We went across a bridge where a young woman was memorialized.  We came to find out that she was a senior at the school, and on the girls lacrosse team.  She was murdered by her ex boyfriend, a senior as the school, and on the boy's lacrosse team.
What a sad story!  Each getting ready to graduate.  Obviously, each very talented.  Each having their whole lives ahead of them.  And now, each having to pay the price for an action that was done in the heat of a moment.
How precious life is!  My heart aches for those families that are suffering this loss, especially the family of the young woman.  Hearing stories like these makes me realize how precious everything is, and now those feelings are magnified as I go through my own fight.
The ride home was wonderful.  Miranda and I had such a fun time, talking, signing, playing games, and luaghing together.  What joy she brings to my life!  I know that I would still go through this test without her, but she makes it bearable.  She makes it almost enjoyable as she keeps my spirit light and happy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment