Monday, May 24, 2010

Here It Come, or There It Goes...

It finally started.  I am losing my hair!  As I was washing it this morning, I felt like a shaggy dog.  I would run my hands through it, and clumps would come out.  It was pretty gross!  Honestly, I started laughing!  The I started to get annoyed because I would clean all the hair off my neck, just to realize that as I thought I was clean, I would get another big clump running down my face and neck.  I just couldn't get it off. 
So, soon, I will be bald!  I think that we will be taking it as a process though so it doesn't freak our Miranda.  She is a hair person, and so I am not sure how she would react if I come home with no hair!  Little drastic!

On a more thought provoking side...

I am learning so much about the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  In the Book of Mormon, the ancient prophet, Alma, taught that Christ would "take upon Him the pains and sicknesses of His people."
Christ's atonement was not just for the sinner, but the sufferer.  It is for he who "casts his burdens upon the Lord," having faith in His power to heal.  It is for the person that not only believes IN Him, but believes Him; believes what He says He can do.


I know that the Savior of my soul is with me through this trial, carrying me, taking upon Himself my personal sufferings from the cancer.  He can do that because He already has!  He has felt them.  He knows them just as I know them.  That is why He can succor me, and teach me.  The only thing I need to do is become "His people."

No comments:

Post a Comment