Thursday, May 6, 2010

Surgery #2


Well, after the debacle of yesterday, today was a breeze!  At least I was out for the hard part!  I had a surgery in preparation for chemo tomorrow to put in the mediport for my treatments.  While there, the doctors also took some bone marrow from my hip to make sure that was clean of cancer.  Everything from that came back well, so that is great news.

So the mediport is really cool.  The doctor put it in the right side of my chest.  There is a tube that they took up to my neck, inserted in my jugular vein, and ran down to my heart.  So what will happen is the nurse will put a needle into the mediport through my chest to give me the medicine.  The poison will flow through that, into the tube, down to my heart, mix with the blood, and disperse throughout my body, attacking the cancer cells (and others).  Pretty sweet deal!

So tomorrow is the big day.  It's so weird to hear that sentence, "Chemo tomorrow."  I never thought that it would be my sentence!  It's a weird feeling!  But it's the truth!  It's here.  It's my reality.  And great things will come from it!  I just remember the words of Christ to Joseph as he prayed in Liberty Jail, "thine adversity and afflictions shall be but a small moment; and then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high;..."
Chemo will only last for a short time.  It will not be forever.  I can do this.  I know I can.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment