Monday, May 31, 2010

Shaving Party #1


Happy Memorial Day!  Miranda and I went to Mom and Chi Chi's house to hang out with my family.  We had a great time, and a special surprise.  My cousin, Marianne, who just moved here from Texas, came to spend the afternoon with us.  It was great to see her and catch up.
Today we had our first shaving party.  I have begun to shave my head (not bick it, but get pretty close).  In gesture of support, Matt asked me to shave his head.  So I did.  Yes, Miranda helped me in the hard parts because Matt didn't want to look completely ridiculous.  But when it was all over, he didn't look bad at all!  
Then Warren and Spencer jumped in the seat.  Parker was asleep and so we didn't get him.  Spencer seemed to enjoy it.  Warren?  Not so much.  But he did it, and I was appreciative of it!
A special thanks to Miranda for helping with the shaving.  And a bigger thanks to Heather for letting Matt, Warren, and Spencer shave their heads since she is the one that has to go home with them and answer for their craziness!
Family like them make this trial easier to go through.  It's still not easy.  But with people are are ready to help and support, it is lighter.  Like I said about Matt before, you would be hard pressed to find someone as loyal and caring as he is.

I don't want to sign off until I give a shout to all those who have sacrificed for our great country!  Thank you all and thank you to your families!  Many have given the ultimate sacrifice for my freedom, and I want you to know that I appreciate it!  God bless you and your families, and God bless the United States of America!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment