Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Drawing On Powers of Heaven


These are some of my favorite pictures that Miranda and I have taken as we have visited the temple together over the past five years.  Today was the first time I have been back to the temple since my diagnosis.  It was so refreshing.  It was like being back home.  Oh how I have missed the sweet spirit.
I had two amazing experiences there today.  I will not be sharing them in detail.  All I will say is that I will never question the reality and existence of my loving Heavenly Father.  He is real.  He loves us.  He hears us.  And if we really let go, we can feel His arms around us, holding us, telling us everything will be all right.  I also know that He answers our prayers and gives us instruction.  He teaches us how to make our weaknesses our strengths, and then tells us to testify of His power.
The temple is so much more than where we go to get married or perform ordinances.  It's so much more than a magnificent building and symbol of faith.  It's a House of revelation.  It's Father's House.  It's where we go to be with Him.  It's a House of peace.  It's a House of light.  It's a place where you can draw upon the powers of heaven, and be so close to Home that you can "pierce the hidden white" as Kenneth Cope described it.  
I love the temple.  

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment