Friday, May 7, 2010

Chemo #1


Well, today was an interesting experience.  It was my first day of chemotherapy.  It takes about 2.5 hours for me from seat to hook up to finish.  But some funny things happen.

1.  I get drugs that have sedative stuff in it, and so I have been warned that I will fall asleep a lot, probably in the middle of sentences!

2.  One of the drugs is nicknamed "the Red Dragon."  It makes me urinate red!  So that is kind of funny!

So what happens is I check in, and then go the "Vampire Cave" so they can do blood tests.  the ladies there are really nice.  I funny lady, Jaime, from New York did it today.  As I left, she said, "Be blessed."  And she says it to everyone!  What a great lady!

So then I meet with Dr Lee who goes over my blood results and checks up on me, making sure everything is ok.

then I go to back room, and find a comfortable reclining chair, sit back, and get ready to get poisoned!  sounds fun huh?

I have already met some incredibly nice people.  There are some people that were there almost all day!  there were others there that know it's only a matter of time befor they pass on.  there are others there that are in the same boat as me.  there are others that have no support system with them.  but they are all incredible people.  we talk together and share stories and experiences with each other.  I found another family that I have become a part of, and am really excited!
Of course, I am not excited about the side effects.  I am already feeling it.  Nauseau, dizziness, tired, weak, don't want to eat, don't want to drink.  This is going to be interesting!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment